I'm finally ready to reveal the office-slash-guest bedroom makeover, which is still so much a work in progress. I'm happy with how the room has evolved, considering it has been a major source of frustration for me.
It is by no means finished, and I figured this would be the perfect way to express the goals, looks, problems that need solving, etc. for the room.
The not-so-inspiring before:
The room was depressing and lacked everything I was trying to accomplish with the design, so I decided to start over. I cleared everything off the shelves, which really helped, and went from there.
The fiance hung the curtains ...
And I took care of the rest.
But as I said before, much more has and can be done to the room, which is where the Five for Friday comes in. Any and all thoughts/suggestions/ideas are welcomed!
1. Floored: The space is desperately lacking a rug. I wanted this one, but the last time I went to IKEA, the saleslady said they were sold out and discontinued. So why does the Web site taunt me and say there are three left?
2. Style and comfort: The amazing window seat, one of the features that sold us on the townhouse, needs a cushion. Not only would it dress up the space, but it would make the seat way more comfortable.
3. Space constraint: The area where the filing cabinet, floor lamp and Lack table are still doesn't look right. I'm thinking of adding a five-shelf bookcase from downstairs to that space. A bigger piece of furniture may do the trick. Plus, you can never have enough storage. I'm open to any ideas, too.
4. I don't love lamp: The current floor lamp is old, cheap-looking and boring. I'm thinking this would literally brighten the space and add some style via the pretty drum shade and modern tripod frame.
5. Trash collector: The room needs a real garbage can. In the meantime, an old plastic bucket will do the trick.