August 4, 2010

Back in the journalistic saddle

Yesterday was fun, nerve-wracking, fulfilling and tiring all wrapped into one Babe Ruth regional tournament. My return to sports reporting started at 4:45 p.m. and ended at 2:30 a.m. ... Standard journalist working hours, which I love. And I get to do it all over again today.

Despite having some difficulty covering two games happening simultaneously, it was great talking with people, which is something missed after leaving the Tri-City Herald, where I was the high school softball, girls basketball, tennis and swimming beat writer. 

I focused on design and copy editing at the Fresno Bee, which is what I wanted. But I always longed for the feeling you get after having a great conversation with someone and being able to tell their story. And for the week, I get to have that joy again.

Day 1 stories:



2 comments:

Josh Butters said...

You wrote the shite out of that little league game.

jonalynn said...

Taking a few cues from you, homie. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...