August 30, 2010

A healthier me

Feeling sluggish, unmotivated and large suck, which is why I've decided to make a lifestyle change. And it starts with working out and eating better.

I realize it's probably not cool to bare one's soul on the Internet like this. But if I put my struggle out there, I can be held accountable and get support. Not having those are the main reasons I tend to slack off.

I'm far from the place when I was at the gym five days a week and running 5Ks, but I'm determined to get back there.

My former trainer stressed the importance of setting goals, so here they are:
  • Daily: Work up to 60 minutes of cardio.
  • Weekly: Exercise three to five days a week.
  • Monthly: Lose inches and pounds.
  • Yearly: Run at least one 5K. I have my eye on this.
What keeps you motivated? I'd love to hear your tips, meal plans, exercises, playlists, tricks and anything else that helps you stay on the right track.

Cross City Race: September 2008, Fresno

Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure: November 2008, Fresno

 We raced for my Mom, who is a breast cancer survivor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost 5 pounds in a month just by portion control and no sodas. I stretch *every* morning. If I'm just watching tv I'll sit on the floor and stretch. Yes, I'm flexible, but my butt is still a tad bit huge, haha. You are way ahead of me in the excercise department! Good luck with your goals!

Anonymous said...

Motivation: every hour at the gym is one guilt free NON-light beer.

Erik

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I've been trying to get back on a workout schedule ever since I moved and so far, haven't succeeded. It's tough but it sounds like you're off to a good start. Writing down goals definitely helps - and you've gone one step further and published it for the world to see! (Brave girl!) Good luck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...