December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

I woke up at my mom's house this morning; my first Christmas home in six years. It's a feeling no amount of presents, turkey or tinsel can elicit. Even though it's fun to give and receive physical tokens of appreciation, I am simply thankful for the opportunity to spend the holidays with the ones I love. Until now, it's a luxury I hadn't been afforded since graduating from college (the price one pays for working at a newspaper.)

I feel incredibly blessed to spend my favorite time of the year surrounded by family and friends in Washington celebrating my nephew's first Christmas. So amid the unwrapping of the presents, partaking of the yummy dinner and watching of the football and basketball games, take time to remember the true reason for the season. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...