February 1, 2011

50 states: Everything really is bigger in Texas

One of my life goals is to see as much of the United States as possible. I subscribe to the idea that the world was made to be explored. Travel is important because you not only learn about yourself, but you gain a better perspective of other people and places.

After New Years, I met up with a former coworker for my first trip to Texas. And the saying is true. The food, pride and hospitality are larger than life. Stops at the Alamo, La Cantera, the River Walk and seeing another former coworker highlighted my inaugural visit. I can't wait to schedule trips to Austin and Dallas.

After spending three days in San Antonio, my friend and I road tripped back to Arizona. Along the way, I was amazed by the beautiful West Texas scenery. The vast area is similar to Eastern Washington, where I went to college.

Do you have any trips planned? I fly to the homeland today for my nephew's first birthday party this weekend.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yeeehaaaaawwwww!!! I LOVE Texas and I'm so glad you enjoyed it too! I didn't know you'd be going through West Texas, that's where I went to school. I love it. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. =) Speaking of Texas, we are having a snow day today which is insane. This weather is ridiculous, it was 74 on Saturday.

www.thebargainblonde.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...