October 11, 2010

Seen live: Phantogram + Josiah Wolf

Friday's Phantogram show was amazing. The electronic rockers are just as good live as they are blaring through my laptop speakers.

Rips Ales & Cocktails was the perfect setting for the intimate concert, which had hot beats, an energetic crowd and stellar sound. I even got to meet Josh Carter and Sarah Barthel and the opener, Josiah Wolf, afterward.

I'm convinced Phoenix's indie music scene is more and more legit with each show I attend and the people here are even cooler as evidenced by the rad individuals who took me under their wing.

I attended the show solo since the fiance was out of town playing in a golf tournament. I've gone to concerts by myself before and I've always met solid people, and this time was no exception.

Our post-concert journey took us to a dive bar complete with a taco truck, a DJ who was spinning R. Kelly and Notorious B.I.G., cheap drinks and good conversation. A great end to the evening.

Next on the concert calendar: Land Of Talk (who I saw last October in Visalia) on Tuesday and Sleigh Bells on Wednesday. Let the sonic adventures continue.







Check out more of my concert adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...