Today's installment courtesy of Banana Boat's Aloe Vera. Last weekend's travels were amazing, but taught me that sunscreen is my friend. My face didn't get that memo, though.
1. Head north: Destination: Slide Rock State Park (above) in Oak Creek Canyon. I'm totally looking forward to the natural water chute. We're also going to Flagstaff for the day on Sunday.
2. Taste: Oak Creek Brewing Company in Sedona and Beaver Street Brewery in Flagstaff are home to award-winning adult beverages. We'd be crazy not to experience them.
3. Face a fear: Since moving to Arizona, my once-indifferent attitude toward snakes has turned into a full-blown fear. Especially when it comes to rattlesnakes. If I'm going to share the outdoors with these slithery creatures, I need to realize they're just as scared of me. Repeat three times.
4. Cool down: I've come to accept we live in an oven. But temps in Sedona and Flagstaff are supposed to be 20-30 degrees cooler than Phoenix. It's a welcome reprieve from the 110 degrees we've been baking in.
5. Catch up: There are so many topics I need to blog about. LeBron James' ridiculous hour-long special and the latest tunes that have found a home in my iPod come to mind.