June 10, 2010

Repeat button is stuck on ...

Perusing the Internets, I came across this piece of musical genius. A bearded white man covering one of my favorite Outkast songs. OK. This is worth a listen. 


Four minutes and 38 seconds later, I was blown away. The fact the singer, Mat Weddle, of the band Obadiah Parker managed to keep the integrity of the original song, yet make it his own, is incredible.

After a little more research, I found the band is actually from right down the road in Scottsdale. I hope they plan on doing some local shows this summer. Maybe they'll play their amazing cover of Radiohead's "Idioteque."
 
I think that beard deserves its own record deal.

And just because I love it so much ...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your blog! It's so upbeat and clever, just like you! Muah, baby! -- Sarah

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...