March 31, 2011

Design crush: Melamine platters + trays + dishes

As with most things, what was popular back in the day is making a resurgence. Melamine tableware apparently was the ish during the late 1950s and 1960s. But today those platters, dishes and trays aren't confined to the kitchen anymore.

Used as jewelry holders, catch-alls or art, the multi-purpose plastic gets an update with modern patterns and colors. Be sure to stick to pretty prints, though, because given the cheapy nature of the material, they can go from fab to cheesy in an instant.


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

Want more crush-worthy design? Check these out.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have 2 of the Ikea ones, and an ikat one from Target too! I love these things!

Kayla said...

I love these. I need to get more - my catchalls are overwhelming.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

That Girl in Pearls said...

I bought a green and white melamine tray and set of plates... I am usually totally anti plastic, but I think this would be so darling for any younger guests or a sweet outdoor dining experience. So cute!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
B.

That Girl in Pearls

Morgan said...

These are definitely fab designs! I have gotten some melamine pieces that I LOVE from thrift stores and yard sales.

Arianna Belle said...

ooOo! Love these! Such great color and pattern!

xo,

Arianna

P.S. I'm hosting a $100 e-spree giveaway in case you're interested!

Lindsey said...

Love these designs. Have a La Plate to my right on my nightstand. It's the best! You should totally get one with your new initials that you'll have after you marry Bruce. (assuming you take his last name). Orrr better yet, wait for someone to buy it for you as a wedding gift. HA!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...