January 28, 2011

Five for Friday: Well-rounded weekend

There's something for everyone this weekend. Live shows, sporting events, hiking, movies and design projects are right up my and the fiance's alley. Do you have anything fun planned?


1. Good music comes to those who wait

After postponing their December concert in protest over a crappy venue (thank goodness I'm not the only one who despises the Clubhouse), No Age comes to town for a Sunday show at The Trunk Space. I've loved the L.A. noise rock duo for a while, and I can't wait to see them perform live for the first time.


2. The Apple Cup of men's basketball

It's a big game for the Cougs, who not only look to beat rival UW in Pullman, but gain ground in the Pac-10 standings. WSU (14-6, 4-4) is coming off a close loss to Arizona. The Fuskies (15-4, 7-1) are atop the Pac-10 and ranked 17th in the nation. GO COUGS!

3. Oscar buzz

We saw previews for The King's Speech before Black Swan in early December and it looked promising then. And that was before the numerous awards and nominations. Plus, I'll take any opportunity to watch the hotness that is Colin Firth for two hours.

4. Back to nature

Taking advantage of the fabulous Phoenix weather before it's 110 degrees outside is a must and what better way than a hike in the North Mountain Preserve. It's pretty cool living in a city with mountains in the middle of it.

5. Paper chase

We are the proud owners of an all-in-one printer, something that was on my Christmas list. My mom gave us money to put toward one, and we finally picked it out last weekend. A trip to Staples for photo paper, cardstock and calling card paper, and I'll be printing to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...