June 14, 2011

In the kitchen: Asian chicken noodle broth

It seems like Gwyneth Paltrow is everywhere these days: Singing on Glee, starring in movies, helping me in the kitchen. I discovered her lifestyle newsletter GOOP and was really impressed by the yummy recipes she features. In the name of my lifestyle change, I'm eating better (the fiance is along for the ride).

Looking for a nutritious yet tasty meal, I turned to Gwyneth. And she came through in her newsletter about Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Pretty sure his Asian chicken noodle broth created a revolution in our tummies. It was delicious, filling and super easy to make (and this is coming from somebody who has like zero culinary skills). Happy cooking!


Serves 2
1 tablespoon mixed seeds (pumpkin, poppy, sun flower)
a small handful of raw cashew nuts
1 quart chicken broth, preferably organic
2 skinless chicken breast fillets, preferably free-range or organic
2 teaspoons five-spice powder
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
olive oil
a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger
½ to 1 fresh red chili, to your taste
4 ounces rice sticks or vermicelli
a handful of snow peas
6 thin asparagus spears or 4 regular-sized spears
6 fresh baby corn or 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
a small handful of spinach leaves






Check out my past cooking adventures here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty yummy!

Unknown said...

Looks so good! Thank you for sharing. I'm guilty of cooking the same meals every week. Need some new ones in the rotation, and healthy is always best.

Lindsey said...

If you say it's easy I'm going to believe you. That looks so good. I wonder how many weight

reese aunt lindsey

donkey

head


ok sorry halfway through typing my comment Reese wanted to type some words I spelled for him. LOL! Babysitting and blogging!

Lindsey said...

oh totally forgot my question ... I was saying I wonder how many weight watcher points were in the meal.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...