September 1, 2010

Mixtape fun


Carlee over at the fabulous Deliciously Organized asked readers to help her make a mix for an upcoming trek to Montreal, and I happily obliged. I used to craft road-trip playlists for the long journey from college in Pullman to my house in Spanaway. Five hours in a vehicle going from Eastern to Western Washington can seem like an eternity, and music definitely helped speed things up.

But I've gotten out of the practice of making mixes and her plea for suggestions made me remember how much fun it is. Posting random playlists on the blog may just become a regular occurrence.

What would you have recommended? What is on your ultimate mixtape? I limited myself to music I've listened to during the past few years because there's so many more tunes I could've added. Here's what I came up with for her:
  • Jenny and Johnny's entire new album - I'm Having Fun Now
  • No Age - Glitter
  • Phantogram - Mouthful Of Diamonds
  • Land Of Talk - Color Me Badd
  • Arcade Fire - We Used To Wait
  • Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash, Here It Comes, Broke, Cowboy Dan, Workin' On Leavin' The Livin', Custom Concern, 3rd Planet, Life Like Weeds, The World At Large
  • Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union
  • The Head And The Heart - Down In The Valley, Cats And Dogs, Sounds Like Hallelujah
  • The Henry Clay People - Working Part Time
  • Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
  • Silversun Pickups - Three Seed
  • Best Coast - Up All Night
  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Five Easy Pieces
  • Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill
  • Patsy Cline - She's Got You
  • Toro y Moi - Blessa
  • Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell
  • Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism, Photobooth
  • The Smiths - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
  • Simon & Garfunkel - America
  • Animal Collective - My Girls, For Reverend Green, In The Flowers, Peacebone
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Skeletons, Maps
  • Rilo Kiley - 85
  • Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
  • St. Vincent - Marrow
  • Local Natives - Warning Sign
  • Yeasayer - Ambling Alp
  • J Dilla - So Far To Go
See what else I'm listening to via my Last.fm profile. Check out 8tracks, a site where you can make online mixes ... Think Muxtape pre-RIAA shutdown. Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...