September 3, 2010

Five for Friday: The big bang

In honor of my hair appointment today, I wanted to share the style I've been lusting after for a while. I have a love/hate relationship with bangs, though.

There was a common theme in the majority of my pictures from birth to junior high: A forehead curtain. I vowed once I grew up, I would never have them again. Also, the Bang Cutting Incident of Eighth Grade was pretty traumatic. But that's for another time.

My feelings on fringe have turned less hate and more love since then, but I'm a little wary of taking the plunge because it's a long commitment type of style. So until I get the courage, here are some of my favorite looks with bangs.

1. Zooey Deschanel: Fringe queen

 [1 2 3 4]

 2. Jenny Lewis: Long-time bang supporter

 

3. Rachel Bilson: Trendy bang


4. Reese Witherspoon: Classic fringe


5. Carmen Electra: Late-night fringe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last time I had bangs was 3rd grade. I had no opinion of them either way then. Flash forward... I have bangs now and am growing them out after about a year. My styling was very limited and keeping them in that neat line was a chore. I had a bettie page bang going. After I noticed I was using mass amounts of bobby pins to just keep them out of my way I decided to grow them out. I think bangs would totally work on you! Go with the Zooey!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...