May 12, 2010

Bells worth ringin'

When I heard Sleigh Bells a few months ago, I was blown away. These electro-rockers who love filthy drums and beat machines as much as pop hooks come at you full force. I obtained their EP, which included six songs, and played the ish out of it. It seemed like an eternity for their full-length album, "Treats," to drop. Hey, a person can only listen to six tracks for so long. But yesterday was worth the wait. The production is much better while retaining the grit of the EP. Some may lump this duo in with the beach rock and DIY lo-fi groups out right now, but I hope their diversified sound keeps them around so I can enjoy more of their grimy tunes. Now, if Best Coast could get her act together and release her full-length ...

Top tracks: "Rill Rill," "Crown On The Ground," "Tell 'Em," "A/B Machines"

 [Image/NPR]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...