July 25, 2011

Haboob = Luggage destroyer

Flying into a storm is both exhilarating and scary as ish. The fiance and I had the pleasure/displeasure of being on an airplane while a crazy storm called a "haboob" (I couldn't make that ish up) was covering the Phoenix area at the beginning of the month. The lightning show was incredible, but the abbreviated drink service as a result of turbulence sucked (we were in first class, which meant all the "free" delicious alcohol you could consume).

When we landed, the aftermath of the storm was insane. All of the fire alarm lights were going off in Sky Harbor, and the ground was covered in grimy dust. It was a weird scene, but we were happy to be safe. Too bad I couldn't say the same for my luggage. When my suitcase and sleeping bag came around on the carasoul, they were caked in mud. The damage to my suitcase was more than cosmetic. A wheel was busted off and pieces of the frame were breaking (which was totally conducive to dragging a piece of luggage over a dust-covered sidewalk).

So with all of our fall travel adventures coming up, I needs me some new luggage. My requirements include a fun design or color (because I'm tired of owning one of the other 128 black suitcases on any given flight) and the ability to be wheeled. And I think any of the below choices would suit me just fine. Here's hoping future haboobs will be few and far between for my luggage's sake.




Get the goods: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! That's awful! How scary.

These are so fun!! I'm so obsessed with one in the recent Lonny that was super cool, by Horchow: http://www.horchow.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=cprod72520012&parentId=cat13270731&masterId=cat2500731&index=6&cmCat=cat000000cat1410731cat2500731cat13270731

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

YIKES!! I saw those videos of that Haboob and couldn't believe it at first. Unbelievable. Sorry to hear about the luggage though, at least you get to enjoy shopping for a new one. If you want to go with quality and long lasting, Tumi is the safest route. However I personally LOOOOVE the streamline luggage.

Just discovered your blog and it is quite lovely!! xo - tamra

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...