November 23, 2011

Progress

Five truckloads, a few bruises, two room dilemmas and one scared kitty later, the fiance and I are officially in the new house. It was a lot of work, but we managed to move all of our possessions in one weekend (Observation: if you want to deter hoarding, make a person pack and move all of their own ish by themselves).

It might be a few more days before I post again since it's super busy around these parts: Unpacking the new place, cleaning the old place, Thanksgiving, Apple Cup, the fiance's parents coming to town, preparing for my cross-country road trip, still no Internet at the new house ... So I wanted to share a glimpse of the early stages of the living room pre boxes and miscellaneous furniture overflow. This picture might be more for my sanity and serve as a reminder it did look semi-normal at one time.

By no means am I a professional interior designer, and the living room and office are proving to be a little challenging. But I like to keep it real around here, so I present to you the unfinished and unstyled living room.

And now it's back to cleaning the old place ... Maid service anyone?!


Sunset from the backyard ... Pardon the leaves.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

I already LOVE it and I may be biased, but I do think you are a pretty "rad" interior designer. I love everything you do with your place!

Happy Thanksgiving Jonalynn!!

p.s. I'm stilllllllllllllll unpacking. You should see the shiz I just moved to my garage on top of boxes and boxes of shiz that was already in there. I've decided that all that crap in my garage is stuff I obviously don't need, so I plan on selling it all in a garage sale. I need to learn to let go. Like legit I found earrings and broken jewelery that for some reason I felt the need to hold onto???? NO mam. Good bye junk.

Emily | Recently said...

Love the rug, love the ikea shelves, love the craigslist chair! Nice work!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

Girl, what are you talking about? I think you're a great interior designer! I can't wait to see what color you paint the backs of the bookcases!

PS: LOVE your rug :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! You have done an unbelievable job!!! It's better than my house and I've been there for three years! Like Caitlin, I can't wait to see what color you use for the backs of the bookcases! xixi e&a

designchic said...

You are doing a fabulous job...love the rug!!

L.A. in the bay said...

I absolutely love your chevron print rug!! So fun!

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

I've been wanting a chevron rug just like yours! It's weird how a simple rug can turn a plain room into a chic living space. :)

And I love how you have a pool!

XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

Nickolena said...

next year I get an apartment and I am ecstatic to decorate it. So many projects!!

Jessica said...

Just discovered your blog and so glad I did! Congrats on the new home. Can't wait to see the bookshelf and chair makeovers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...